Saturday, August 4, 2007

BLOGGING: Opening Up for Business

On the heels of the recent announcement of Cincinnati's best blogs in the city; I thought it was time I dipped into the field, a decision I've been tossing around for a while.

So, here I am, and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing.

In fact, amusingly enough, I think I've already forgotten what my web address is.

So here are a couple of things to start us off and where we're going from here:

1) Earlier this year, CityBeat -- pro-gay, sometimes pro-Cincy, independent, liberal newsrag that pisses me off more often as I agree with it -- debated the whole "Cincinnati Rocks vs. Cincinnati Sucks" dichotomy that seems an affliction in most people around town. I am, usually, on the side of Cincinnati Rocks.

2) I am officially a Westsider. That is, I live in Price Hill. However, my friends on the Eastside inform me that my former neighborhoods -- Northside and College Hill -- counted as the Westside too. I didn't know at the time. I guess I need to join up with my posse and start that silly little hand motion everyone does.

3) I am gay. I am also a homosexual. I sometimes identify as queer. And, yes, there is a difference.

4) There is a lack of good local gay blogs, or blogs from openly gay Cincinnatians who talk about their experience with both. I seek to fill that void.

5) I'm sometimes conservative and sometimes liberal. I'm sorry if that confuses you, but, it just kinda happens.

So we'll see how this goes, and, I hope, all of you can keep me on my toes. :-)

1 comment:

Barry Floore said...

STUPID -- I would hate to ignore the wonderful blogs over at Rainbow Cincinnati ... Though it's not updated that often.