1) Serpent, per a good friend, "has always been for sale," at the $1m price mark. So, in effect, it's not officially for sale. My house, too, would be for sale if someone offered me five times the amount it was worth.
2) Rumors of a new gay club opening? I can't seem to track this rumor anywhere.
3) Oh, goodness, the owner of Below Zero actually read the blog and responded. I have still yet to go, so I am retracting original statements regarding the crowd or the bar -- apparently, I am not speaking as much into the darkness as I thought (the more than triple traffic I have enjoyed since I last blogged is an indicator, too) -- and I will, in fact, make it my goal to visit Below Zero before gay pride and give it a fairer review.
4) Also, kuddos to Joe Penno on becoming the new president of the Gay and Lesbian Community Center -- darling, if you read this, I'm hearing rave reviews about you from all over town. Very, very impressive. And this whole schtick of trying to rebuilding relationships with agencies -- BEAUTIFUL! I think a reinvigorated gay pride committee meeting (I've heard) should be indicative of people's desire to invest time and effort. Maybe I'll even stop on by one day, to pay my respects, of course.
(Side note --> Community Center's board also expanded quite a bit. Well done. It was getting monotonous with only four or five people on it. The entire crew, truly, was always dedicated, but, after a few years, fresh blood needs to be brought in. Yes, Ms. Chanak, I even consider you "fresh," though I feel that it'll be the first time in years anyone has. :-) Much love)
5) Looking for some gossip on OUTReels, btw. If you have any...
6) Golden Lions, also, is not shutting down "at least not in the next year," per the bar owner. Again, I think, it seems that, like the Serpent, it's probably always "for sale," but it's a wonderful little hub there in Clifton. Would be sad to lose it. Although, as I pointed out to Shante Marcelle the other night -- the building itself is falling apart. And that's why we love it, right?
#SundayFunday – College Wrestler Edition
3 hours ago