Sunday, August 24, 2008

BLOGGING: "My political convictions" -- NEW COLUMN!

New column over at Rainbow Cincinnati. Here's your preview...

Despite studiously following polls, and making sarcastic remarks on the latest scandals, and having a handful of political blogs I follow, I have a confession:

I am an uninformed voter.

And, you know what, I don't really care. I'm a bit of a Democratic party man, and I can be a bit of a one issue voter, especially on local issues. The main reason is that I feel that 99% of government action affects other people, or it just maintains -- keeps the trains running, if you will.

You could make an argument that corporate welfare affects me in a convoluted economic model, or that a minimum wage increase will eventually trickle up to me, or that the ongoing rape of African natural resources sets up a volatile foreign policy that promises to bite us in our ass. However, those things don't motivate me, and they don't lend credo to one candidate or another in an election.
(click here for the rest)

And don't forget to check all the rest of the excellent content over there by clicking the image below.

No comments: