Sunday, September 30, 2007

PERSONAL: Hairspray


OMG! I totally just saw this movie yesterday with my parents.
I am going to say that it is probably, now, one of my favorite movies of all time. No kidding... everyone was raving about it who saw it, and I, of course, thought it was going to be decent but passable (like CHICAGO), but this was GOOD. I couldn't stop smiling the entire time... not to mention dancing and singing along!
WOW!!!!
The cast was excellent (though Michelle Pfeiffer should NOT be singing... and John Travolta should not be singing as a woman), and it was truly an amazing movie experience.
And have I mentioned that Zac Effron, James Marsden, and Elijah Kelley are HOT! Truly and completely hot, not to mention excellent in their roles. Zac finally proves himself after that awful movie HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL; it appears Marsden can do a lot more than just be an X-man; and where the hell did they get Elijah ... he STOLE THE SHOW!!!!
I have the music to the stage version, and love it, so when I saw the 1988 John Waters version I was actually really disappointed, mainly because there was no singing (and Rikki Lake playing Tracy was really strange). But this made the world better :-).
It's a pity is has only made $117m. It came out at a bad weekend, near the Bourne Ultimatum and Transformers. But, still. Rush Hour 3 even made $136m.
I question taste sometimes. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie too. Total grin and swing movie. Never saw the original, and want to now for comparison purposes. Travolta good, Walken funny, Pfieffer evil, but the do-es and dudes pure class.