Tuesday, May 20, 2008

IN SHAPE: Heart Healthy Cities

In light of this afternoon's exercise -- which was awful and caused me nearly to pass out twice (a very dangerous situation for someone with my heart condition), not to mention cough up a lung and give me acid reflux -- I decided to search for an excuse to blame my heart thing on....

...and I found it, thanks to the American Heart Association. The rankings for the Ten Least Heart Friendly Mega-Metro's (1.5+ million people):

10. Indianapolis, IN
9. Cleveland-Elyria-Mentor, OH
8. Las Vegas-Paradise, NV
7. Cincinnati-Middletown, OH-KY-IN
6. Columbus, OH
5. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
4. Pittsburgh, PA
3. Detroit-Warren-Livonia, MI
2. St. Louis, MO-IL
1. Nashville-Davidson--Murfreesboro, TN

Yea, yea, the list is for women. Shut up.

Anyways, I was really checking it out for a ... project ... I'm investigating. Will talk later.

No comments: