Thursday, May 15, 2008

OHIO/CINNKY: Bus Rider -- Week 4

I've been a bus rider for... four weeks now. Wow.

I don't know what happened to the time, but the car is a distant and fading memory, well, except that it's sitting in my driveway. I still remain in the ranks of people who have a broken down car on their property. A few notes:

1) Rain + Bus = SUCK
2) It's actually cheaper to take the 2X (the TANK) to the airport than it is to take a car -- even cheaper than being driven. (Oh, and YEA!)
3) Keep your music, and your head, down -- I was yelled out for my music.
4) I'm a really really fast reader -- around 2000 pages since this all began. I just finished Shogun... and will pick up The First Man in Rome tonight.
5) I have no food in the house. I need someone to take me to the grocery store, or a day off so that I can figure that out.
6) I'm losing weight just by walking.
7) Turn off your cell phone volume -- I've been yelled at for that.
8) Give yourself lots and lots of time. LOL

Anyways, but there are some fun things over at CityKin ... like how nice it would have been to have a comprehensive public transit system here in Cincy had the voters approved it in 2002.

Oh, and apparently I'm not the only one picking up the bus, as CityKin reports. From the same NYTimes article, the funniest quote: "Nobody believed that people would actually give up their cars to ride public transportation,” said Joseph J. Giulietti, executive director of the authority.

And for those who are driving around:



Wah-wah.

No comments: