Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BLOGGING: Rainbow Cincinnati, Post #4

A little delayed (I usually like to post on Monday morning), but the latest blog is over at Rainbow Cincinnati. Also, make sure you check out Darren's new blog over there! Darren and I are old buds, and he is an AMAZING writer. A little sneak peak...
In the interest of full disclosure, I have four roommates in my tiny, three-bedroom house. Rae (a pseudonym) and I have known each other for years; we met years ago in the days of the Oxford Planned Parenthood. It seems really condescending to say this, but her life -- daily struggles with her partner, her kids, jail time, etc. -- was inspiring in Oxford, where the average person is upper-middle class and probably doesn't face most of these problems.

Four years later, I accidentally attended the birth of her third child, linked her into a new job, and watched as her domestic situation crumbled. And that's how I found myself one evening in January helping to move her and her three kids into my house.

Her three children.

I am a perpetually single gay man in his 20s. I have a host of personal issues going on. And I am, now, the most regular adult male figure in these three children's lives

For the rest, click here.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Awww, man, that was awesome. I guess I'm totally out of touch as I knew nothing of this. I just turn my back and BOOM - father of three. You're all "This American Life." (kidding - seriously though that was a great post.)

Queers United said...

you are a really kind soul!