Sunday, September 14, 2008

OHIO/CINNKY: Wind Storm


OK, my power went out and wasn't able to post any of my pictures and, by the time I can get them up, the story will be moot. So, sorry about that.

However, I thought I'd clue you in:

Word on the street is that they are going to deem this a disaster so that they can call in as many people as possible into the hospitals to deal with all the traumas that are going on.

Because I can't show you my world, let's look at the reactions and pics sent from other place...

At least one person is dead
CincyMoms' Forum
Apparently it really hurt gamers too
Nearly/Over 600,000 Out of Power
Cincinnati's Blog Great Take on It
CityKin has some excellent pictures

Shockingly, both the blogosphere and the online news sources are suspiciously quiet on the apocalypse storm outside. LOL


That's Ike running away -- thanks Cincinnati.com weather service for the picture!!!

Update:

Wine Me, Dine Me and BuyCincy both talk about the fires around Findlay Market, and the fact that it seems Grammer's building is burning. Pictures from BuyCincy:





UPDATE:
There was a meeting and it appears not every hospital in town is fully prepared for this sort of thing and there is talk of other hospitals -- including the VA -- sending everyone who requires something like, say, an XRay here. Love it.

No comments: