Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I've been trying to write something over at Rainbow Cincinnati for the last 24 hours about traditions, but it's been hard to write. It's funny, Christmas traditions. That's all I'll say for now, but I'm really glad to be back in Charleston, SC right now.

It's been good to see everyone.

Even the prodigal daughter -- my sister, Em -- who was supposed to picking melons on Australian organic farms as a migrant worker this Christmas made it back. Surprised everyone. Epic fail on the rest of our presents. That, apparently, won as the present this year.

But it means we get to spend another Christmas together as a family, and that's nice. I keep waiting for the first Christmas the six (well, seven now, my brother's girlfriend is part of the family, and that makes me happy) of us don't spend as a family. I'm really glad it hasn't happened yet, and I'm really glad it's not this year.

I love my family, and the masses of board games we've played and DVD's we've watched in the last two days.

Anyways, I just wanted to check in with everyone and say hello, that I'm alive and I made it.

And I'm really thankful to all of you for reading, and thankful for Penny and Cody for contributing, and thankful to the CincyTwitterati and CincyBloggers for welcoming me into their lives, and, again, thankful to all of you for reading.

Merry Christmas Eve, and I'll see you tomorrow.

For now, I have to honor my brother's and my favorite tradition of 7 years: finding the one open bar on Christmas Eve and have a drink.

It will be the first time all four of us -- me and my three siblings -- get to go together.

I know you don't read this, Em, but I'm really happy you made it back.

1 comment:

The Seeker said...

Awww, that's cool man!

Merry Christmas bro, and have just as wild of a New Years as I'll have!!! haha

-Cody