Sunday, May 17, 2009

GayCincinnati.com Post: Failed Ethics Test

It's been a long time since I've posted one of these. As always, here's your preview:
I'm in an ethics class at the moment, and one the first questions we had to write on was about the distinction between an ethical decision and other types of decisions we make throughout our day. My answer? There is no difference. Upon closer inspection, our every day decisions are informed by our values, informed by our own morality and our own brand of ethics. Ultimately, what I choose to do says more about me as an ethical creature than what I tell you.

Which is why the events that transpired on the Metro yesterday are so disturbing.
To read the rest here. Check out all the other great content at Rainbow Cincinnati by clicking on the image below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why did you feel the need to stick up for him? Because he was the underdog?

Quimbob said...

I have seen people do the Lysol thing before. It's kinda juvenile.
Sounds like the guy had asked the driver to take him to that stop, he was there and had forgotten what was going on.
I mean, what are the chances that a homeless looking guy in that area might be mentally ill/incapacitated ?