I invite all of you to join in!
This week: Ten Things That Make Me Happy
1) Discovering your coffee card is full and you can get a free coffee at work -- especially when you're short on cash and need a pack of cigarettes!
2) Cool mornings after the rain when nothing is soaked but there's a hint of more to come. Humidity's low, no bugs are out, and the sun is hidden behind the clouds and turning the morning a deep weblink blue.
3) The anticipation before something great.
4) Feeling accomplished after two days of regret and wishing you had done more -- getting shit done.
5) Randomly chancing upon new music you forgot you had downloaded onto your iPod while shuffling through -- and remembering how much you love it!
6) Seeing a janitor at the hospital dance to music on his mp3 player in a hallway he believed was empty, and then him not feeling embarassed or stopping when you walk by.
7) The comfort, and the drama, of good friends, especially when you hatch fancy conspiracies.
8) Having a crush, even if it's completely superficial and you know it'll be gone in a week.
9) Standing alone on the glass walkways at UC's Medical School Building at 3am and belting out showtunes... and feeling infinite.
10) Learning and growing... and knowing that I still have the capacity to do both, after all that has happened. (This is kind of a private shout out -- I know you know who you are!)
What are ten things that make you happy?
Ha -- Apparently I really enjoy alliteration.