Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day of Decision

Tomorrow (or today) we will discover, as Les Mis would say, what our god in Heaven has in store.

The Supreme Court makes it's decision today regarding the legality of Proposition 8 -- whether it is legal for voters to overturn the civil rights of a minority. I've said it before: I really do think it will fail, but I think it will be close, and I am ever hopeful. Listening to the Chief Justice say, during the hearings, "Yea, but we're working under a new Constitution, now," nearly broke my heart.

If you would like to know immediately, the decision will come down at approximately 1pm (10am in California), and you can find out either via email from the Courage Campaign, or by texting "DECISION" to 27336 for an announcement the minute it comes out. I do not know of any Cincinnati protests going on... at least, none have come across my email.

Hold your breath, cross your fingers, and suck in your gut. Today will be a rough one... but at least we'll be able to figure out where to go next, and we can put this ugly mess behind us.
I think, since I probably have nothing new or interesting to say on the subject that hasn't or won't have been said by the time I get to post, I will not be posting an opinion on the subject at all. More on that later. Check out Law Dork, 2.0's post on the subject and the subsequent discussion.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Just fyi...the announcement will come at 10am PST, which is 1pm EST...so we have to wait longer...boo!!