Wednesday, July 22, 2009

10 Year Anniversary?

It with some reticence that I call this a happy anniversary.

Ten years ago this month, my brother, my best friend, and I were walking on the beach with a pack of cigarettes. Though I had dabbled in the habit since I was 13, it was that night that I learned what it meant to inhale, and thus the jokes about Bill Clinton's marijuana history. I wandered down the beach, heavily nicotine buzzed, and I looked at my brother and asked for another. That summer, one pack, a bottle of vodka, and four people were too much for us to finish. We would be coughing our lungs up the next day.

July 2009 -- I am now, as the medical profession would say, a "ten pack year smoker" -- that is, on average, one pack a day for ten years.

Win?

4 comments:

The Seeker said...

This would also be my 1 packs year anniversary time, and my 7th total.
Go us... lol

Jeffery said...

dammit! this makes me want a cigarette and a beer!

topher said...

hahaha!! i remember that night!

Popsicle Recipes said...

This is a great post thanks for sharing it.