I am a big admirer of Newt Gingrish and his 1994 "Contract with America." I think the Dem's have the opportunity, this time around, to do something similar, so I am going to offer up a simple outline for them to work off of to start a national, centralized message. And, thus, wipe out the Republican power base.
1) Develop a definitive, two-year plan on Iraq and Afghanistan, including a comprehensive exit strategy.
2) Reverse the policy of war and create a stronger policy of diplomacy to deal with future threats.
3) Reduce the need for voluntary abortion, including an abstinence inclusive comprehensive sex education program that focuses on parental involvement in children's decision making.
4) Reform No Child Left Behind to allow for greater teacher creativity and involvement in the process, and increase the funding for the outcome based educational requirements.
5) Institute term limits for Congress, via a Constitutional Amendment if necessary.
6) Balance the budget and, thus, strengthen the dollar, via a Constitutional Amendment if necessary.
7) Reform international trade, including NAFTA, to reduce the benefits for corporations to go out of country for cheap labor; in the meantime, increase incentives for companies to stay domestic.
8) Create a central, national healthcare plan that reduces the number of uninsured persons by 50% in four years.
9) Maintain individual liberties and respect state's decisions on related issues, including gay marriage, gun control, and religion. The national government has little role in any of these, and the purpose of statehood is to allow the populace to decide for themselves.
10) Respect our environment, and make sure that it stays pristine whenever possible. This includes investing in alternative energy sources -- including nuclear power, wind, and solar -- and reducing oil consumption, while increasing recycling programs and guarding wilderness areas.
I don't know, I think I could run this country.