Monday, June 30, 2008

CINCY GAY SCENE: The HRC and other craziness

I got an email today via Facebook from a friend.

In two weeks, the HRC is hosting Camp Equality here in Cincinnati, an organizing institute designed to train the LGBT community on how to do outreach (or something like that... you know my feelings on the HRC... assimilationists... I think that diversity is only really fun when people are diverse).

My friend currently works for the HRC.

Like when the Human Rights Ordinance was gearing up for a public vote, the organization sent us staffers to help organize and put together an effective campaign ahead of time. Apparently, they're doing the same here.

And I've offered to host him for a couple of days.

Put a call into JB and DM (whose response was "the HRC can bite my ass") this evening and, since we were such fabulous hostesses last time around with the three kids from the NGLTF, we decided we're going to do it again with this one. :-)

Poor bastard.

No worries, we will do everything we can to help. But, mostly, we're fierce and fabulous and going to have a good time.

No comments: