Monday, September 15, 2008

BLOGGING: Making money off QueerCincinnati.com

So I've always debated the idea of doing ads or something on this site while I worked, and I've toyed with the idea a few times. LOL. This was my first foray into the idea:

BLIND EMAIL TO MY QUEERCINCINNATI@GMAIL ACCOUNT...
Hello,

I'm the webmaster of (WEBSITE) I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of our site (WEBSITE) on your blog http://cincywestsidequeer.blogspot.com/

If you agree you can choose between receiving a product sample or receiving a payment.
If you choose the product sample instead of the payment the sample is yours to keep and you don’t need to send it back.

The product sample that you can get is Pearl earring and you can see it there: (WEBSITE)
Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you (NAME)

------
MY RESPONSE
Are you real? I'm sorry I'm not opening your site until I hear that you are a genuine person :-).

You know, lots of spam out there and all.
------
RESPONSE BACK

hello there!

yes, i am a real person...

shall we start with the conversation?

Regards,(NAME)

MY NOTE: The "NAME" is actually just two initials. I never got a real name...
-----
MY RESPONSE

LOL Of course.

What do you want, what do you require, what is your interest, and what do you need from me.
-----
RESPONSE BACK
Hi B,
We are looking a review of our product on this website: (WEBSITE)

I can send you the jewelry and this will be the basis for your review.

Or if you wish to do a paid review, we can pay you $10 and no product will be sent anymore.

The review must have be least 300 words in length with 3 good links going to our website(keywords for the link will be provided) and publish the review in your blog.

By the way, if you want to earn more, subscribe to our services by clicking this link: (WEBSITE) You will receive more paid review invitations and that means, more earnings.

Please let me know what you have in mind so we can proceed.

Regards,(NAME)
-----
MY (FINAL) RESPONSE

$10 is a little cheap to be selling out... and it doesn't fit within the constraints of my blog.

Have a good day.

No comments: