Where are we dancing and carousing tonight, this fabulous first Friday of the month, with Cincinnati Guerrilla Queer Bar? From the blog:
THE PAVILION (949 Pavilion St. Mt. Adams)You gonna join us tonight? And, more importantly, who's my midnight kisser? :-)
Now I know many of you may be groaning-- having had your fair share of negative Pavilion experiences-- but put them aside! This will be a night of queer-dance-debauchery to be remembered! Where else needs to be queered up more than Mt. Adams? And where else in Mt. Adams could use a dose of queering than the Pavilion?
Here's the Deal:
1. If you're short on cash, get there early. It's free to get in before 10pm (and it's nice to beat the line). So get there at 9 (and if you're someone who's always late, say you're going to be there at 8!). I know some of you don't think fun starts before midnight-- but just think, the earlier you go out, the more time to have fun, the higher your chances to find someone (or someones) to take home, and the more time to have fun with them at home and still get to bed before 7 am! After 10pm the cover is 5 bucks (lame).
2. We'll be congregating on the SECOND FLOOR. Look out for the purple GQB bandannas (and if you haven't gotten one yet, we'll have more-- they're only $5).
3. Pavilion is 21+ (but they're also a restaurant and serve food until 11 pm.) :)
4. Parking/driving in Mt. Adams sucks. We recommend the #1 bus (which you can catch easily in Government Square) or if you're a UC student (or could pass as one, they don't usually check IDs) hop on the "Greater Cincinnati Route Shuttle UC Shuttle" which runs until 2:30 and connects Mt. Adams, Newport, Downtown, and Clifton. For more info go to http://www.sorta.com/ or http://www.uc.edu/af/facilities/shuttle_services.html . Or take a taxi, drive, bike, or skip.
5. When the clock strikes midnight, the Pavilion's dance floor will turn into a queer kiss-in. However you want to interpret that, go for it. If you want to bring someone to kiss, find someone to kiss, kiss yourself, hug someone, kiss a whole bunch of people, recite a poem about what kissing means to you, kiss your best friend, whatever. 12:00 am = kissin' time
And don't forget the HRC First Friday event at 8pm at Golden Lions.