Friday, April 3, 2009

Spongebob Squarepants Gay Scandal! -- OLD NEWS

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy


I'll agree with Keith on this one: I don't see a whole lot of Spongebob in this video. Nor a lot of sexual identity... unless you count the use of the song "We Are Family." You know, I don't see a lot of the diversity lesson, either; I guess that's in the teacher's packet.

OK, I looked into this a little bit more. This isn't even news -- the video occurred in 2005, as did the bit from Keither (don't believe me? here's the original story, not just the video, dated January of 2005). It's making the rounds on the blogosphere though -- most notable because of it's appearance on the top 25 tracking LGBT stories posted on reddit.com (damn, I just gave away my source for a lot of news :-)) -- and I'm putting an end to it now.

But I'm posting the video anyways because I think it's kinda cute and I like to make fun of James Dobson's idiocy. And I really really like Spongebob Squarepants.

1 comment:

Quimbob said...

Honestly. I never realized Big Bird was taller than Barney.