Thursday, April 16, 2009

Two New Queer Ohio Bloggers

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I really only pay attention to new local and statewide blogs when they link to me and/or they leave a comment. Two "new" ones have linked to me in the last few days, and I wanted to give them a shout out!

Based out of Columbus, I love their stated purpose:

What inspired me to start this blog was a post on another local person's blog asking Columbus people to write more blogs about, well, anything Columbus-related. I thought it would be a good idea to start one relating to bisexuality, both in Columbus and in general. There is a very large, well-organized gay community here, but there's not a bisexual community; there's no place for bisexuals specifically to meet, chat, seek support or rally around bisexual causes - other than, of course, larger umbrella groups that include us in the increasingly long acronym of queerness. Bisexuals have long been a part of activist movements fighting oppression and we will continue to be. We also see a need, however, for setting aside a specific time and space for ourselves. Other cities have such groups. We want that space and that support. The people I have talked to are hungry for it.

Check out Cowtown Bisexual, by the Bi Avenger!!!

This one, no doubt, should raise some people's hackles, if I hear gossip right (Is it hackles or heckles? That's twice I've used hackles in the last 24 hours, and I think I'm going to stick with it.) Regardless, all blogs that post regularly are created equal. And, honestly, Bo (of new blogger friend, BearsLeft.com) and I do not disagree on a lot of issues. Check him out as well.

To all the fabulous and wonderful Ohio queer bloggers of the world -- this is your chance. Are you currently blogrolled? Do you WANT to be? Do you want a shout out? Have you already blogrolled QueerCincinnati.com and wondered why the hell that jerk hasn't blogrolled you yet? Let's work on it! Email me -- queercincinnati@gmail.com -- or leave a comment on this email and you can join the motley crew known as the QueerOhio Bloggers. You'll note the side bar has changed to reflect the state-wide focus I'm developing here.

1 comment:

Merideth said...

awesome!! thanks! for the shoutout :)