Saturday, October 11, 2008

MIAMI UNIVERSITY: Show tonight!!!

I know some of you are like "who is this Barry character that's emailing me?"

I am, as I always have been, your hostess ... Kristy Kay Karolina ... for the Oxford Drag Shows.

Why am I writing you today? First, because I'm procrasturbating like HELL for school (Matt, I really like those pictures of you in your underwear...); second, because I wanted to say somethings before tomorrow night when I get to see all of you fabulous people.

We started this show in 2003. No one thought it would go anywhere. Well, it has, and it's fabulous, and I'm so excited that I get the opportunity and wonderful joy in sharing another show will all of you. Not only is it National Coming Out Day, but we will also be celebrating Roxy Monroe's birthday, and my 26th birthday :-). (Ooo.. I am getting old... that would explain the... ahem ... "laugh lines." Don't worry, you can buy me a drink...)

This will also be my last show involved in Oxford, at least for the foreseeable future.It is truly sad to have to say this to you as, for whatever else went wrong in my life, I always knew that the Oxford show was something I did right. Your enthusiasm and your support has meant so much to me over the last year, and I cannot undermine the importance your love has played in my life. 

In the end, I want you to remember, that the show is not about the money, it's not about challenging gender norms, and it's not about student talent. All those things are involved, but the show is about your love for us on stage and our love for you. And our desire to entertain you. :-) 

And, never forget, I do love all of you for being there. (And, to the cute/fun/interesting/smart/easy (you must be 2 of 4) boys (sorry girls), I am a single girl these days so I will have many opportunities to "demonstrate my love.") 

Anyways, all that sappy crap aside... I'll be there one more time, and you better be too!!! DO NOT FORGET!!! :-) It is at 11pm -- GET THERE EARLY, BEAT THE LINE -- at BALCONY BAR on SATURDAY. If you are not there, I will.. well, I don't know what I'll do, but I have many fun things in my closet.

So, to the people who have been there for years (Rhonda, Jeff, Davey, Mikey, etc.), to the people taking over the show (Anita, Vivica, Coco, etc.), to the people who are relatively new (John, Zach, etc.), and to the people who have never been before...

BITCHES, LET'S WORK THIS SHIT OUT AND RAISE SOME CASH FOR THE RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE!!!! We have some AMAZING performers coming and debuting, so DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!!!

Bring your dollars and bring your hearts and we will bring the party!

Much love all over you,

Kristy Kay Karolina
That was the letter I sent out to the Spectrumites last night.

It began five years ago today... The Oxford show. 

And tonight, for me, it ends. I'm leaving it in others hands. I'm a little ruminative today; I have a blog coming for tomrow for Rainbow Cincinnati. Lots of thoughts.

I hope you can make it. 11pm, Balcony Bar, Oxford.

Be there, bitches. :-)

No comments: