Saturday, February 21, 2009

ND WTF


So, a few day after they protect the rights of LGBT people, the legislature of North Dakota has decided, in all its wisdom, to give the full rights of humanity to another underrepresented group of people: the unborn. 

The House voted 51-41 this afternoon to declare that a fertilized egg has all the rights of any person.

That means a fetus could not be legally aborted without the procedure being considered murder.
ND goes back into my list of "crazy places that I'd like to drive through."

In all my life, I never thought I'd spend this much time thinking about North Dakota outside of our need for wheat, or, perhaps, wonder what it's like to be buried under seventeen feet of snow for three months.

Oh, and I think it's clear there are no good web designers in the whole state -- WTF up with that website?

No comments: