Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Avenue Q Closing

I got this from a brief perusal of PerezHilton's website, and I wanted to just make a quick point about using the man as a source before I continue:

I think Mr. Hilton is a silly little man with more readership than good sense. I think he is an attention whore, and I think it's absurd that we would somehow give credence for a celebrity blogger as an actual celebrity. I think he's hateful and mean spirited. But all those things describe most bloggers. More recently, Mr. Hilton decided to take his own hypocrisy to a new level, going to so far as to refer to will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas as a faggot, because, according it him, it was "the worse possible thing that thug would ever want to hear." GLAAD was right in condemning him for his actions, especially because, being open and queer, you'd think it would ring as an absurdity for the man who brought down Carrie Prejean for being against same-sex marriage would then launch into homophobic vitriole for the sole reason that it was hateful. In short, I have little love for Perez Hilton.

That said, he's very good at what he does and there is usually a snippet or two of interesting news on his site, this included from a post yesterday:
After 9 years on Broadway, Avenue Q is closing, PerezHilton.com has learned.

The Tony Award-winning musical will play its last performance on September 13th.

It was a very good run!
Sigh. It was a good run, and I thought I'd share another bit of music from the show that was just recently in Cincinnati to large crowds.

Ha -- I thought it was appropriate :-).

No comments: