Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Long Silence and Shirley Bassey

I've had a long silence here on QueerCincinnati.com -- it's a long story, but everything's ok. But I did just want to offer one commentary as to why I haven't really said much lately: I'm taking everything in. A lot is going on in the world, and I'm not sure what of it I like, and what of it I agree with, so I'm trying to sort it out.

That, and some it is so complex at this point even I don't want to figure it out -- HA!

And besides, I seem to be in a good mood these days, and I wanted to share this song with you, as only Shirley Bassey can sing it -- and that dress!!!:

I don't know why this song has been stuck in my head for days now -- something must be going right in my world!!! (The first song, of course, but I love the second one, as well. I think all drag queens think they are some version of one of the grand dames of song, Dame Shirley Bassey included.)

Anyways, so, to everyone, stop screaming and shouting and cursing people's names. We're fabulous, we're ahead, and we're far more fun when we're just happy and in love and beautiful and young... and less so when we're pissed off and making demands. I know, I'm sickening today, who cares?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have what he's having.