Monday, January 19, 2009

SO GAY Kiss 107FM


Thanks to Montgomery Maxton for mentioning this to me this AM. 

Apparently there was a big discussion about the term "that's so gay" on Tim & MMCMG (is that really the name of the morning show there?) on Kiss107FM. I have no idea what the final outcome was, but I think it's funny that they spent any time on it at all. 

This is my impression of the pre-show meeting:

"It's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. What should we discuss?"
"Gay people."

Right. Anyways, there's a poll on their website that I think we should all storm.

I have, no doubt, with everything on the website, that the two really tackled the issue in a meaningful and filling way that left everyone feeling like, yes, I got something out of that. 

Besides, does anyone use that term anymore?

It's so gay.

3 comments:

Montgomery Maxton said...

I caught the show for about 45 minutes en route to an appt and everyone who called in was either gay or lesbian. GASP!

Cincinnati NAMjA said...

This term is so weird...I dare to say that it is on the way to becoming on par with "wassup ma' nigga'?" What I mean is that is means different things dependant on who is saying it and to whom the term is being directed to.

Wes said...

When my nephew was in high school, he did some assisting with the elementary and junior high schools. He overheard one elementary-school-age boy talking to another. This is what the boy said:

"You like girls? That's so gay."

I really can't add anything to that.

WF